Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sailor Inspired Look: Happy Memorial Day











WHAT I'M WEARING:
DRESS: Charlotte Russe (old) (sailor inspired dress here)
SHOES:  Via Spiga Gracie (here)
NECKLACES: Forever21
BAG: L.A.M.B (here in black)
Nails: China Glaze Hunger Games in Harvest Moon

Happy Memorial Day everyone!  It was absolutely scorching out in New York City!  I really wanted to do a  Memorial Day/American flag/sailor inspired look in honor of our brave soldiers of the present and the past.  I dug up this dress in my closet and it was just perfect for the occasion!  I also love stripes for the summer!  I wore my gray L.A.M.B bag because of the rope-y strap details.  It's my go-to bag because it's a nice size and it has a cute bohemian "I don't care that I'm slouchy"-look.  As for accessories, I layered an anchor necklace with a treasure chest necklace so my chest wouldn't appear so bare.  I bought these when I was obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbeans.  I have an obsession with jewelry/accessories that remind me of movies or shows I like even if it's not the "official"  merchandise.  I love True Blood so I have a lot of vampire-inspired jewelry!  My shoes are new!  I've been searching for a nude shoe to go with colorful dresses and I decided to get these flat-forms with a strap. 

So what did I do today?  On the 28th of every month, my boyfriend and I celebrate our anniversary date!  It's not a very big deal since it's an annual one.  (Our annual one is in July!)  We spent the early afternoon indoors watching Pearl Harbor, (we only made it through disk one).  Then we went to Gyu-Kaku and we found various spots on our way there to shoot these photos.  Then we went shopping by Union Square!

This is my absolute favorite: Gyu-Tan!  
Garlic rice, Various meats & Tuna Ahi Poke

Thanks for reading!

xoxo,
Margaret






2 comments:

  1. My favorite outfit . Very cute for the occasion (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your accessories! and the shoes are sexy :)

    ReplyDelete