Thursday, June 14, 2012

Statement Jewels: Rocking Blue and Green








(Thinking: I'm gonna get run over if he doesn't hurry up and take this picture!  LOL)


WHAT I'M WEARING: 
TOP: H&M (you can find these anywhere, but awesome one here & here)
BOTTOM: H&M (similar here)
NECKLACE: Banana Republic (wayyy too many, but I like this one & this one!) 
BRACELET & RING: H&M (awesome colorful bracelets here)
WRISTLET: Urban Outfitters
SHOES: Via Spiga Gracie
On Nails: OPI Glee- Who Let The Dorks Out

Hi Readers!

It's been too long since my last post!  Thanks Raisa for reminding me!  It has been raining on and off for the past week in New York but it should be beautiful in the coming weeks!  I shall celebrate my blog return with my newest acquisition- a beautiful blue and green pendant necklace from Banana Republic!  I consider this piece a splurge for me, (retailing $50, I got 30% off) a lot for what I normally wear for accessories.  I love this piece because the length of the necklace is made up of pretty translucent green beads, rather than a metal chain.  During the summer time, I don't like the clinging feeling of metal on my sweaty neck! Fashion accessories usually tarnish so I prefer beads!  I handcrafted beaded jewelry while I was in college and I would love to share some of them in my future outfits!   

Today was also an exciting day for me because I got to help my brother's girlfriend do her prom makeup!  Heather is naturally pretty and the makeup look I did for her turned out beautifully! It was my first time doing another person's makeup so I was super excited that she would let me!  Unfortunately, the lovebirds were in a rush to get into their limo so I don't have any pictures of the work I did.  Congratulations, be safe and have fun, seniors '12! 

Thanks KS for taking these pictures for me!  It took a lot of persuasion to get him to do it. 

xoxo,
Margaret 

6 comments:

  1. Very cute statement piece! I love statement piece necklaces!

    kat
    aneyeforfashion.blogspot.com

    p.s. hope to see you around more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style!!

    Follow me at
    WWW.MARIKYNA.COM
    FACEBOOK
    I'll follow you back

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!
    You are so classy! Great photos
    xx mintblush

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great skirt, I found the same on this site Originalluxury

    ReplyDelete